Friday, April 20, 2007

India Journal 2006 #46 April 20th...AND NOW IT BEGINS!




Took my first walk to Dharamkot today, up to the mountains I so love. Woke at 6, finished my morning stuff and was down to breakfast at 8 but most of the restaurants were still closed. Ate at Nickes and then headed up for my first walk to Dharamkot. As you can see from the pics, THESE things do not change. I was up on the mountain by 9 and it was still quiet...just the sound of my footstpes, and the birds and cicadas could be heard. I've shot a couple of vidoes but like the others, they will wait until I get home to post. I had trouble picking and choosing so there are just lots of pics here....click "read more" to see the rest:









BELOW...THE END OF THE RHODENDANDRUNS BLOOMING...MISSED THEM IN ALL THERE GLORY!




JUST SOME LOVELY VIEWS...NOTE THE ONES WITH A SMALL TOWN IN THE DISTANCE? THAT'S MCLEOD WHERE I AM STAYING.

















Easy up and easy back...I'm not really in shape for all this walking and was a little concerned...especially since I have sent home my hiking boots and was just wearing my regular sneakers...But I feel a new vitality, renewed energies since the Panchakarma. It would have been easier on my legs and feet with the boots, especially the steep downhill parts, but not as pleasant and comfortable walking. And nothing hurts so I assume all is well.

SOME PICS HERE OF PRAYER FLAGS BLOWING IN THE BREEZE...AND SOME OF THE LOVELY FLOWERS BLOOMING ON THE ROCKS AND SIDES OF THE ROAD...














BELOW SMALL ALTERS MADE FROM ROCKS...YOU MUST WALK PAST THEM FROM THE LEFT




AND THE FLOWERS;












BELOW SOME WOMEN ON A ROAD WORK TEAM ON MY WAY DOWN...



But my spirits are restored and I now know what keeps bringing me back here. Despite the town, the mountain doesn't change! Came back in time for lunch and, as you can see from one of the pics, the clouds were already rolling in from the mountain,


and by the time lunch was over, it was pouring. It seems to rain every day here! So checked out the movies and made it just in time for "Little Miss Sunshine", which was lovely. I recommend it.

Now back in my room, it's after 4. Hope to begin posting today but now must pack as tomorrow is moving day. Yuck!

Well, finished my packing as you can see, and finally have some pictures to share with you as well. The posts lately have been very boring I know.

Namaste
Jane