Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Magic of Books

I finished reading a book by Ruskin Bond, one of my very favorite Indian writer's, which was written fairly recently called: "Scenes from a Writer's Life- A Memoir" and it is simply entries from his private journal from his childhood up to age 21. Fascinating, but that is not the point of this post. On the very last page, I read the following which was taken from a letter he had written to his father who had died many years before, when he was 10 years old...I have taken the liberty of editing one small portion, and have posted it as well on the blog in
Memory of my Father


"Love is undying; of that I feel certain. I mean deep, abiding cherishing love. The love that gives protection even as you, my guardian angel, gave me protection [all those many years] - and continue to give this very day...A Love beyond Death-a love that makes Lfe alive!"

This just said it so beautifully I had to share it with you all. I read this just after my Father, who passed away just 4 months ago, came to watch me do Yoga the other day!!! I realized afterwards that it was 4 months ago to the day, that we had buried him.....

Nothing else to say....