Wednesday, February 28, 2007

India Journal 2006 #14 February 26-CAMERA DAY!

Monday, Feb. 26th CAMERA DAY

I got a really good suggestion from a nice lady in the guesthouse, Shakti, who is a professional photographer...I had mentioned that I hate going around with the camera as I miss out on the moment when I am constantly thinking about what to photograph. she says she simply puts herself in "photo mode" for the day and then ALL she does is be a photographer...the rest of the days she forgets it.

So I decided to try that today and it was really a good idea. And turned out to supply me with some lovely shots as you can see in the next few posts....

All in all it was a lovely day...walked across the bridge, saw a palm reader who works out of a little alcove on the street floor of the Temple (when i feel like it I might even let you know what he said...it was interesting and quite fun. Even just meeting him was great...a very sweet old man...very pleasant and much love and joy in his eyes)

I had thought to have a nice vegetable salad at the orphanage
but remembered it was closed on Mondays, so tried a new place near my guesthouse which looked inviting. you take off your shoes when you come in and sit on a ledge where there are tables...quite interesting. In the end I ordered a plate of steamed veggies and it was an enormous portion but quite well prepared...very fresh and served with olive oil. It took ages for it to arrive but she explained that they have nothing cooked in advance and cook according to order. She also mentioned that if you come in the evening when it is busy, you might have to "wait awhile" to get served!

This should have warned me....a few "girls" had decided to meet for dinner and we went there as it was nearby....well, we waiting, and I am not exaggerating, 1 1/2 hours for our food...and we were REALLY starving by then. And had gotten to the point where we were punch drunk and giddy and laughing hysterically about all kinds of silly things. Then, by the time we got back to the guesthouse, decided we were still hungry and so had desserts...and more laughter. Just a lovely fun evening....but I didn't get to sleep until after 11 and for me that is a problem as you will see from the post #15 coming next.